Friday 3 April 2015

Applied Animation: Harry Potter's Hall of Prophecies


Reflecting back upon ideas I had for environments within this animation, I realised that I hadn't looked closely enough at one environment that appears in Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix; The Hall of Prophesies. This was a scene I was encouraged to look at by my peers during my interim crit, as well as a scene that had been sat in the back of my mind from the moment I decided to do a room full of shelves upon shelves upon shelves. 


I feel that analyzing this scene will be extremely beneficial to me, as it will help me to get perspectives correct when I come to draw my own shelves. I also feel that it will help me to understand how to make my character move through a space such as this one. I also chose to look at this scene because of the atmosphere created within it. I really like how the scene is always almost in shadow and how there are only certain points of light throughout the setting. This has also given me a good idea of how the candles within my scene will light the space up and how this will effect the tone of my animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment